14. EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL (FORCE MAJEUR)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause 14 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms of Sale:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay;
- To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, Our affected obligations under these Terms of Sale (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Goods as necessary;
- If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 days We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and continues for more than 30 days and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so by contacting Us directly to cancel, please use the following details:
Telephone: 01856 771388 (during business hours only) / 079841 608603 / 07770 614399;
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Post: Aries Gallery, The Boatshed, Netherbrough Road, Harray, Orkney. KW17 2JR;
In each case, providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, Order Number and a description of the goods being cancelled and a reason why. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled.